Autism is not just one disease, it is more similar to a ‘Spectrum’ disorder. That is why Autism is also known as Autism Spectrum Disorder. But, there are individuals using the expression for all those with another form of the illness like Asperger’s syndrome or Pervasive Development Disorder.
It is crucial to remember that whatever the autism symptoms, early detection is pivotal in handling the condition efficiently.
Most parents do not like to feel that their little angel might be afflicted by a major disorder; even if they get a powerful gut feeling that something is wrong with the kid’s behavior, they frequently ignore it thinking it is going to pass with time. You can also click to this website http://www.zee.com.sg/studentcare/ if you are interested in knowing about student care.
This approach may console you temporarily but in the long run, it is going to cause more heartache and problems. It’s thus crucial to be aware of the autism symptoms so that discovery and treatment can start early.
Here are some signs to look for in babies and toddlers:
- Does not make eye contact when being spoken to or fed
- Doesn’t respond when called by name or otherwise
- Does not make baby sounds or babble
- Does not smile or laugh or try to communicate with folks
- Doesn’t use gestures like pointing or waving goodbye
- Doesn’t like to be cuddled Doesn’t share toys or like playing with other people
- Does not request help or make orders
- Doesn’t imitate your gestures or facial expressions
Although every child develops differently, there are certain landmarks which need to be scanned at a certain age. Though some delayed improvements are normal and don’t indicate autism, missing too many landmarks could be a vital autism symptom.